Lately this has been quiet, but it has not been the case
Hello, my friends.
Lately this has been very quiet and believe, it has not been the case. I have been that busy that I almost forgot this blog.
and I don’t want to forget this since I want you to know that I’m frequently updating stuff to promote my work and let you know that I am alive and well…
Lots of stuff happened since last post. The Red Solstice was done and after that I rove myself into a huge period of work that I am still involved with. My page delivery ratio has increased so now I can deliver more art per day without suffering with quality.
So. let’s tell you the news:
- Starburn is finished and it was supposed to be published late this month. I don’t know when will this be published on Comixology.I delivered the last set of pages earlier last week and did the cover as usual traditional style. Kelly tells me that covers are more “sellable” artwork than interiors. I don’t know if I have ever told you why I did Starburn digitally and it was simple: This books is my only back end project. So if I decide to jump into a this kind of work I want to invest only in time. No ink supplies and paper, just my computer. That helped me learn Manga Studio (Now Clip Studio Paint) which is my most precious revenue. I don’t look for money but exposure with Starburn, tight my professional relationship with Kelly and aim to better books. The TPB won’t be officially collected for NYCC, but Kelly will print some copies to show around on that con. Markosia would have the book available for european cons (mostly british) early next year
- New project: Rock Slingers: Created by Josh Mills this is job I am working filling in for another inker. So far I am working on my 11th page and I believe we’ll start with one issue.
- New project: Attica. Another Beyond Reality Media book, I can’t be happier working on this project, my follow up to One Must Break. Part of the team changes and part of the team is still the same. Bill Geradts (editor, publisher, series creator and writer) and Kóte Carvajal (colorist) are the same team. Lucite Inzunza (Whom I have previously worked with on books like Colateral Dee (which it failed) and Vigilance (pitch) is the penciler and let me tell you that this has been the biggest challenge to my career. Lucho has a classical scented style and he is nuts for perfectionism and dealing with this project has enhanced my view over my work and the making comic process. It’s a 60-70 pages Graphic novel to see print in 2016. I’ll be able to post WIPs as soon as I am allowed to.
- Tear: We have just started issue #5 of this 6 Issue limited series. this is the only job inked traditionally.
- New Pitch; The Drif T: . This is something I’ll posting more often. This is my NYCC pitch for this year. Created by Kelly Bender and Singaporean penciler Elvin Ching. I jumped onboard late last month and it’s a beautifully crafted book that will be pitched to publishers at the upcoming New York ComicCon.
- Paris ComicCon: I’ll be traveling Europe on October and luckily, Paris ComicCon will be happening while visiting Pais, so I’ll got tickets for Sunday 24th where I’ll be showing my portfolio around and meeting the guys of James Bong.
So, those are the news. I’ll be showing around more info as it happens!